Opening Your Dental Practice on Nights and Weekends
Choosing to have your dental practice open during the evenings and on the weekend can be a very productive and profitable decision. However, you must first ask yourself why you’re considering opening your office on nights and weekends. The reasons may be better solved by upgrading the management of your dental practice.
Things to Consider
When trying to decide whether or not to extend your office hours, there are a few points to consider first. These include:
- Who will work on Saturdays and evenings at your office? Chances are that most members of your current staff will be reluctant to sacrifice weekend or evening time with friends or family.
- Only choose to extend hours if you feel you can handle it. It’s common for many people, including busy dentists, to look back and realize that their career dominated their lives.
- Expect more trouble from your patients. If you’re one of the few dentists open during evenings and weekends, you’ll have a wider range of problem patients. It seems like the more accommodating you are, the more people will take advantage.
- The demand for weekend and weeknight service is regional. For example, if you’re in a business district, there will be a much smaller demand for those hours.
- Lastly, patients may underestimate how tired and overwhelmed they are from working all day, prompting more last-minute cancellations or no-shows.
Here at Pro Dental Designs, we want to see your practice succeed. Subscribe to our blog to find out more. Our dental marketing company successfully markets dental practices with online marketing and print. Find a dental website and marketing plan tailored directly for your dental practice. For more information, please contact our office today.