Reasons to Use Direct Mail Marketing
Direct mail marketing might seem outdated, especially with the advent of social media and digital marketing. This has caused many dentists to put direct mail marketing on the back burner or forget about it altogether.
It’s true that digital marketing is a good way to reach a target audience, but it isn’t always the most effective. This is because the digital world is saturated with ads and clutter, which can make it tough to determine how effective your digital campaign really is.
Importance of Using Direct Mail Marketing
There are still many benefits to using direct mail marketing. Below are just a few of these benefits:
- It improves digital marketing – Combining digital campaigns and direct mail can improve your overall marketing efforts. Linking your digital marketing with your direct mail marketing is a great way to do this. For example, add your URL to your direct mail that sends patients to a special offer on your website.
- Patients enjoy getting mail – Junk mail isn’t fun, but people enjoy getting mail with a clear benefit. Direct mail includes a call to action and even a special deal or a coupon. Patients are more likely to make an appointment when they’re getting a good deal!
- Has a better response than email – As surprising as it may sound, direct mail gets a better response rate than email alone. In fact, the Direct Marketing Association has found that, while an email response rate is .12% and direct mail response is 4.4%!
- Direct mail lasts – Social media is a great way to reach many people in a short amount of time, but potential patients may just scroll right past your page as they scan their newsfeed. Direct mail requires your patients to physically interact with the ads, increasing the odds that they’ll act and make an appointment.
- It sets your practice apart – While most business owners are focusing mostly on social media and digital marketing, using direct mail can set you apart from the rest.
If you’re attempting to bring in new patients, it’s a good idea to invest in a unique marketing campaign tailored to your specific dental practice. Here at Pro Dental Designs, we can help you successfully market your dental practice, manage your direct mail, create your dental website, and bring in new patients while retaining current ones. To learn more, please contact our office today!