5 Tips on How to Best Keep Your Dental Practice Resolutions
Welcome to 2020! With the new year (and a new decade!) here, many dentists are gearing up for a new set of resolutions for their dental practices. However, statistics about New Year’s resolutions aren’t very encouraging. In fact, it’s shown that most resolutions are abandoned before February!
Luckily there are a few ways to make your New Year’s resolutions for your dental practice more successful than they have been in the past!
Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions
Below are a few tips on how you can make your resolutions more successful in 2020:
- Get patient feedback – Before beginning to set goals for your dental practice, it’s a good idea to speak to some patients or your staff about what they think could be improved upon. Sometimes you may be a bit too biased to see the flaws in your own practice.
- Be realistic – Don’t aim higher than you’ll realistically be able to reach. Bringing in new patients or increasing profitability by a certain amount are good goals, but only if they’re set realistically. Otherwise, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.
- Keep it simple – Once you know what needs improvement, it’s time to set specific goals. Make this process as simple as possible and try not to set too many goals, which may cause you to feel overwhelmed and give up altogether.
- Start with baby steps – Break down each goal into a few manageable parts. This is an important step in making sure you can achieve goals that may at first seem too large or overwhelming to take on.
- Get plenty of support – Let your staff know about the goals you’ve set for the dental practice. Let them know that you may need some reminding and motivating at first or if you’ve fallen off the resolution wagon! They can help you get back on track!
By following and implementing these tips, you are increasing your chances of successfully following through with the resolutions you’ve set for your dental practice. If one of your goals is to improve your marketing efforts or your dental website, please contact Pro Dental Designs today.