Hiring a Great Front Office Staff at Your Dental Office
Hiring quality employees for your dental practice is an important investment, but if you hire a successful staff, it will be well worth it in the end. Your office manager, billing clerk, and receptionist all perform necessary duties around the office and they all have a lot of interaction with your patients. This means that your office staff can either make or break your practice, so make sure to hire employees who are professional, friendly, and will represent your dental practice well.
How to Hire a Quality Front Office Staff
Below are a few great tips for hiring a great front office staff:
- Solicit referrals – Ask current employees if they have friends or acquaintances who would be a good fit for the position. Referrals are cheaper, faster, and often produce a better employee than sampling putting out a listing.
- Create an enticing job listing – Create a job listing that is specific about the responsibilities and requirements of the job. Make sure the listing is straightforward and includes the work schedule, and compensation as well as a summary of the qualifications. Include qualities like communication skills and friendly demeanor.
- Interview properly – Since personality can’t be taught or trained, it’s more valuable than experience. When interviewing prospective employees, make sure they’re friendly, outgoing, personable, and will represent your office well.
- Check references – Before making a job offer, always thoroughly check the references provided to you by the applicant. Learn about the employee’s strengths, weaknesses, and why he or she left the previous job.
- Provide generous compensation – Think of your staff as a financial investment. With the right staff, your profits will rise. Make sure you’re compensating well which will ensure higher levels of productivity and loyalty. It’s cheaper to keep current staff feeling happy and appreciated than to deal with lost productivity and high turnover.
Here at Pro Dental Designs, we know that it’s important to have the right staff. But even the best staff can’t help bring patients into your office if your marketing efforts are unsuccessful. To learn more about how you can boost or rebuild your dental marketing campaign, please contact Pro Dental Designs today.