Checklist for Dental Practice Relocation
Choosing to relocate your dental practice can be a tough and emotional decision. You’ll find that there are many key factors involved, which include demographic, administrative, operational, and geographic considerations. The location of your new practice will determine the success and potential growth of the practice over time.
Dental Practice Relocation Checklist
Once you’ve done your due diligence and found a new location for your dental practice, you can simplify the move by creating a relocation checklist. Below are a few things you may want to include on your checklist:
- Create a moving plan – It’s a good idea to create a diagram of your new dental office showing where you’d like all the equipment and furniture to go. Once this is done, set a date for the move, making sure to allow yourself enough time to pack and prepare. You may also want to consider decluttering and making an inventory of the items you’ll be moving.
- Delegate – Don’t attempt to do everything by yourself! The relocation process is a detailed and taxing one, so be sure to delegate certain responsibilities to trusted members of your staff. Make sure you have a checks and balances procedure in place to make sure everyone is doing his or her job.
- Find a moving company – Next, find a moving company to help you with the move. Make sure to ask any prospective company if they have experience with packing and relocating large and fragile dental equipment or anything similar. Get a few price estimates before committing to any one company.
- Notify your patients & suppliers – Before you move, make sure you’ve notified your patients and suppliers of your new location. Create updated stationary, hand-outs, and business cards reflecting the contact information of your new office. Make sure your staff is positive and upbeat when discussing the relocation with patients.
- Oversee the move – Lastly, on the day of the move, we suggest arriving at the new location before the movers get there. This way, you can oversee the entire move and make sure that everything is in its correct place and handled properly.
If you’re moving your dental practice and would like help creating a successful dental marketing campaign, please don’t hesitate to contact Pro Dental Designs. You will need a dental reputation management service. We’ve helped dental practices all over the country to become more profitable and successful, and we’d like to help you, too!